Skype: philippinediver / PH (63) 927-300-6948
1. What did you do before network marketing and were you successful in that endeavor?
I was in Corporate America with a Fortune 5 company, working my way from an entry level position to eventually become a senior level executive before being downsized (fired) after 25 years of service to the same company. Dora was also in Corporate America and later had her own real estate business before we committed to Network Marketing full time.
2. How were you introduced to network marketing and what challenges did you have to overcome when you got started?
I read an article in a magazine in 1989 about the concept of residual income and leveraging one’s efforts by helping others succeed. I quickly realized that network marketing was the perfect business model because everyone is paid exactly what they are worth. Once I “got it”, I was hooked.
3. How many companies have you been involved with before you found your current home and what attracted you to this company.
I was with 4 or 5 different companies before we (Dora and I) found our current, permanent home. Each of the prior companies had a major flaw in one key area or another. When we were introduced to our current company, we found (for us) the best combination of: A. Excellent products we believe in. B. A well-managed company with great marketing tools, and C. A compensation plan that quickly rewards new people while allowing one to build their income to whatever level they desire.
4. Did you have an opinion about network marketing profession before you decided to get involved?
No. I knew absolutely nothing about it. I had no bias one way or the other, and I think that contributed to our early growth.
5. What was it about (your current company) that made the difference for you and give you the feeling this was the one or did they all do that for you?
See Question 3 above. Only our current company had what we considered to be all of the key characteristics in one place at one time.
6. What was your strategy to insure that you would be successful with your company?
Our only “strategy” was to present the products and business to as many people as possible as quickly as possible. We didn’t work very “smart” at first, but we worked hard with enthusiasm. Our enthusiasm was contagious which helped us get started and keep going. We then learned more about the business along the way, which accelerated our growth by being able to help our new team members get started and keep growing.
7. What was your biggest failure in life and the lesson you learned?
While I don’t consider it a “Failure”, I only wish I had discovered the Network Marketing profession sooner. (I was in my 40’s when I first started.) Our “Lesson Learned” was that we worked harder and faster to make up for lost time!
8. Do you have trainers, speakers or others that have played a role in you growth and success in the business?
We have always made it a point to try to learn something from everyone we listen to and everything we read. Our “heroes” who we hope to be able to emulate someday include Jim Rohn, Tom “Big Al” Schreiter, and Eric Worre, among many others.
9. How specifically do you build your business regarding personal recruitment, helping those in your organization, advertising, promotion, meetings, etc….?
We have learned that the key to success is duplication of our efforts, so we focus on techniques which our team members can easily implement. We continually look for opportunities to spread the word about our products and business plan directly (ourself) and indirectly (through team members) as efficiently as possible. As new technology comes along which can help us, we do our best to learn about it and embrace it for the benefit of our team. We do not rely on any one specific business building method and strive for continuous improvement in every method we use.
10. Is recruiting just a numbers game for you or are you particular about who you sponsor and what do you offer them and they in turn have to give you?
The reality is that the more people you talk to, the more your business will grow. However, our style is not to try to recruit everyone we meet, but rather look for opportunities to solve problems for people with our products and/or business. We do not “pre-judge” prospects before we enroll them, but once they become part of our team, it is up to them to prove themselves. We ask only two things of our team members: 1. Be on time. 2. Do what you say you are going to do.
11. How do you duplicate other leaders like yourself in your organization that give you the best results?
We treat everyone the same at the outset, and don’t play favorites. We provide everyone with all of the information and training they could possible need from Day 1 to become successful. The cream (leaders) always rise to the top, and we match those people “energy for energy” with whatever support they may need. In other words, if they are following the plan and putting in the effort, we will do whatever is necessary to help insure their success.
12. Do you use social media and how important is it to your business?
Yes. Social media is an integral part of our business building and support, but only one of many aspects in our overall business plan. If used correctly, social media can be a powerful business tool. But, it can also be a major time-waster if not managed well.
13. If there was one thing you could suggest to someone just entering in the business what would that be?
Make a decision to do the business, then do not change that decision.
14. Can you tell us about how you help people in your organization to be successful?
See Question 11 above. We will do whatever we can to help people who are putting in the effort (energy for energy.) That includes things such as three-way calls, skype or in-person presentations, tag emails, etc.
15. What characteristic would your leaders say about you as to why they are glad to be on your team?
See Question 10 above: 1. We are always on time. 2. We always do what we say we will do.
16. What motivates you to get out of bed every morning?
Knowing that every day will be different, and good things are going to happen because we’ve worked hard to make sure they will be good things. If something bad should happen, we just deal with it and move on.
17. How has your life changed through your success in network marketing?
We have made friends around the world we would never have otherwise made. We have been able to directly or indirectly enrich the lives of thousands of people. We have traveled to areas around the globe that we would never have seen without our network marketing business.
18. What are your plans for your future?
We love what we do, so we will never “retire”. As long as God allows us to help others, we will keep helping them.
19. Based on your present monthly earnings as an MLM professional, what dreams are you living or able to do that you never thought possible?
Total, complete and invaluable time freedom to do what we want when we want to do it.
20. Is there anything else you feel important to know about you?